Friday, September 14, 2007

Sunrise Suprise

12 pm Thursday night. Going to bed wondering whether or not I am going to be able to get this monster homework assignment done. Need to go to work after class. Is there going to be any time? Wish there was more time in a day, wish I could control the day and the sun and its processes.

Wake up in a hurry. Need to shower quickly. No time, no time. My eye is caught by the sun rising slowly over the Bridger Mountains. In an instant, life slows down. I am beckoned to sit on the porch. I must do so. Life slows down. The screech and blur that I had created for myself melts with the amber glow. Life's pace slows to match that of the golden prairie grass swaying back in forth as controlled by the cool and calm breeze of the morning. Dew evaporates and a subtle steam meanders skyward. I am reminded of God in the warmth of the golden sun.

No comments: