Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dem Boys

This last weekend I was graced by the presences of my beloved brother Ryan, as well as Matt, Paul and Sean. That's right, the whole young gun crew loaded up in the Maxima and pushed the whip northward towards Bozeman.

Before they got here I was trying my best to put together some plans to 'really impress' them. I wanted to show them the type of weekend that would have them filling out the MSU applications and running to the bookstore to get their Cat Claws.

We climbed a mountain, roasted some marshmallows and soaked in some hot springs. It was a good weekend, to be sure. But that ended up to not be the point.

What I discovered this weekend was that those guys are family to me. I think I've always known that, but this weekend was a sure reminder. As we climbed and camped I was overwhelmed by the way we understood each other. By the way we cared for each other. By the way we knew each other. They reminded me, so casually, of where I came from.

You boys have become a part of what I consider family and an important part of who I am. Thanks for your subtle and not so subtle reminders of all that I consider home.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I had an awsome week end. Thanks so much for spending the weekend with us. I wish I could have stayed longer. I'm more then positive that I'll be back up before you know it. I love you very much and am blessed to have you in my life.