Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Less Than Triumphant Return

As is the case with going back to something you have neglected for some time, it doesn’t always come easily. The issue is not so much remembering how to ride that bike which has sat around for months as much is it is about actually convincing yourself to go have a ride.

I, ashamedly, have let this blog slip a bit. If you are interested in my excuses please see included list* because I will not include them here—they are worthless. For the past month or two I have awaited some sort of inspiration for blogging, but as my blog called to me like that old forgotten baseball glove begging to be broken back out I realized that as much as I concern myself with how well my blog will be received by others what I loved about it was thinking through and formalizing my thoughts and reactions to my experiences. Moreover, what I have appreciated so much about the blogs of others has been vulnerability and the permeation of people’s unique personalities. So, in order to make sure that I am actually thinking about life and being vulnerable even to myself, I blog on.

Brianne came to Bozeman for Labor Day weekend so that we could celebrate our anniversary together. Using the word anniversary is, I am sure, well received by those who have born with us using the term ‘montheversary’ for the past eleven months. We celebrated each other and reflected on the past year. Looking back at a year that involved incredible distances that we still felt produced such fruit and beauty caused us to sit in awe at a big God as we saw his signature in Glacier National Park. It is amazing to slow down enough to see what is and has been going on all around you the whole time.

Also, I am in college. My last year of college. It is both intimidating and exciting to sit on the edge of the rest of your life, but I guess everyday is kind of like that if you choose to think of it that way.

*List

1) Summer was in full bloom and I was outside.

2) Somehow, after writing about adventures in New Zealand eating Chipotle and watching Dog the Bounty Hunter Marathon on TLC didn’t seem so interesting.

3) My fingers hurt…“Oh yeah, well now your backs gonna hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty”

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Number three. Yes. Yes. So good to have you back.