Thursday, September 6, 2007

Have a Super Day

I have been asked on several occasions what sort of super powers I would choose given the opportunity and my replies have been varied. As a younger person I was pretty sure I wanted to fly or sling webs onto buildings in order to skate from one block to another in New York City. Then I realized that teleporting would accomplish the same goal with an even greater range. Then, a year or so I go I started responding to the question saying that I would want to be unaffected by food and sleep. That I could eat or sleep but that I didn't have to and I would be able to stay up all night or run incredible distances without stopping. Really? If I could have any power in the world I would want to stop eating and sleeping? Wow, my creativity has been snuffed by linear algebra and advanced calculus.

So, in the spirit of creativity and imagination I put a little thought into it and my new superpower would be...man, Brianne's jumping into pictures is good...uh...I want to fly...and not have to eat? Uh, pathetic. How about technopathy? which is having the ability to interact with computers and machines through extra sensory perception. Getting worse.

It seems like I am just choosing the things I wish that I could have more control over. I wish sometimes that I had more time in a day and not eating or sleeping would provide while at the same time robbing me of two activities I really enjoy. As an innocent youngster I chose flying simply for the joy of flying but then gave up the joy for a more effective less enjoyable teleporting. My creativity has been stifled because some parts of my life have lost their romance and beauty. Duty and task have replaced passion and fulfillment because I have looked elsewhere then God to find these. I am just now beginning to realize how enticing lovers less wild than He can be and how unknowingly we can choose to serve them. What I really want is the heart to avoid these lesser lovers which strip my life of passion and purpose, and one that chooses to live as it was created to do so--as well as the grace to be forgiven when I don't.


Also, I would want to a human bouncy ball.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

I like how your blog still timestamps like you are in New Zealand.