Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Late Night Musings

It's 12:30 am and I have to be up in six and a half hours. Not too worried, but sometimes I wonder if I am ever going to be one of 'those guys' who naturally wakes up at the crack of dawn to mill around for a few hours before the rest of the world gets moving. My Dad is one of those guys, seems to work for him. The few times I have found myself in some form of elevated consciousness at these hours have been quite pleasant. Yet, the horizon is unseen. I still find energy reserves late into the night that were missing during my Numerical Analysis and Optimization class this morning. I still have to get myself jacked like I am about to set the world record for power cleans in order to rouse myself anytime before 8...maybe even 9. I would be more than fine with it if my biological clock would set itself backwards a few hours, but as for now I will continue to watch a lot more sunsets than sunrises. Goodnight.

My roommate and dear friend, the esteemed Mathew Brackett Fisher, has started a blog of his own. He's a good writer. Have a look.

2 comments:

Matt Fisher said...

Erik thanks so much for the shout out, but my name is not Mather Brackett Fisher you silly goose. I like you.

Chris Nicoletti said...

I am glad you are writing again. I look forward to the words of wisdom that you so frequently conveyed last semester. Your'e a stud. I miss you. Sometimes I wish we were on the other side of the world still. But, right now I wish I was in Montana. I am tired. Goodnight.