Friday, June 15, 2007

One Last Go

I haven't blogged in a while and for good reason; I have been traveling around this island one last time accompanied by my Dad, my brother, my Aunt Lynn, Chris and Taylor. We are on the last leg of the classic South Island loop, which now after 5 months has many places that are dear to me. I have gotten to experience things once more, to remember the last time(s) I was there and show this place that I have come to love to people I love. It has been a good way to go out.

I am now sitting at the Te Nikau Lodge in Punakaiki--my new favorite place that I have stayed. These lodges are nestled deep in the rain forest of Paparoa National Park and one of the most beautiful coves I have seen yet is a 5 minute walk away. I am going to go down there in a little while to watch the sunset.

Tomorrow we drive back to Christchurch, ending our loop and ending my last road trip here in New Zealand. I take a test on Monday, pack, say goodbye and then leave Tuesday. I haven't hardly had a second to think for the past couple of weeks--my energy has been invested into traveling and the people who came to visit--but I am looking forward to a 14 hour plane ride (sick, I know) and some time to reflect on and remember these last 5 months.

I will be home soon.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

Enjoy the reflection. Can't wait to see you.