Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Magicians, Islanders, Toyota Vistas and Bird Poop

I am without an internet connection for at least the next two weeks so I may have very few posts (please don't take me off your list Bryce). We have made it to Christchurch after only 40 hours of traveling and it was worth every step I took with all 200 pounds of luggage. So far it has been completely amazing. The area is absolutely beautiful--green trees, flowers, and actual grass abound, something I have missed dearly since the first blizzard of 06. I spent most of today downtown meeting some interesting folks--street performers, artists, and even a man who reads from Isaiah as he walks around. I am pleasantly surprised with the cultural melting pot the Christchurch is and am very excited about the people I will meet and the experiences that I will have. I will begin posting photos as soon as I can get internet at my apartment. New Zealand is very photogenic and they have an affinity for architecture that I wasn't expecting. Also, Chris and I bought a car, it took us a whole 22 hours to get one.

No comments: