Friday, February 9, 2007

Like a virgin, blogged for the very first time...

I spent several hours searching the internet trying to figure out exactly how smoke signals work. Through a combination of fire, smoke, and some sort of covering one can send plumes of smoke into the air in order to communicate with someone hundreds of miles away. However, it turns out that this would be fairly difficult to view from Longmont, Bozeman, Waco, Ft. Collins, Agua Prieta, Boulder, Denver, or wherever else my friends and family are. Frustrated I considered courier dolphins, messages in bottles, pirates, and/or stowaways on cargo ships to relay my messages from New Zealand to the various people in the countries they reside in (thank you Boeke for living in Mexico). All of these options seemed interesting but unreasonable. Frustrated I considered not going at all until my good friend Bryce suggested a weblog. Eureka! So Chris, my heterosexual partner in crime and I have decided to use weblogs to relay our experiences, thoughts, lamentations, photos, et cetra while abroad. You can view Chris' blog at http://darkenednightskies.blogspot.com/. I am fairly sure that the only people reading this blog will be those whose lives I want to hear about, so all of you please email me stories about your happenings to Ehaagenson@msn.com. On deck for us is a 24 hour, two-day (because New Zealand is a day ahead) travel extravaganza. I am immediately going to flush a toilet when we get to Fiji and I will divulge my findings in my next post.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Alright, first commenter on your blog. I just want to say ... Do Work. God has a desire to reveal somthing amazing to you that may change who you are. I'll pray for you. I wanna kiss you all over...and over and again